These are things we are looking forward to in the US:
- appliances such as clothes dryer, dishwasher, kitchen gadgets; reliable hot water and Internet
- bank account (we are on a tourist visa, so we can't can't get a debit or credit card, a mobile phone contract, etc. Everything is on a cash-as-you-go basis)
- kids staying at school for lunch
These are things we will miss on our return to the US:
- high density = close to everything. There is always something going on at the 1000-seat event stage that is less than a block from our house, and that's just one example.
- subway and high-frequency bus service
- great fruit. We have fallen in love with pomegranates, but that's just one example.
- warm, sunny weather. Now that it's winter in Buenos Aires (the equivalent of December in the northern hemisphere), it is cold enough that the kids don't always wear short sleeves, but it is still sunny nearly every day.